If you have a question that's not listed here please get in touch and we'll do our best to help you.
1. Why was my post removed?
Posts are removed when they:
- Break the law
- Encourage illegality
- Promote hate speech
- Defame or descriminate
- Violate a person's privacy
- Write a direct message to another user
- Promote a service or product of any kind
- Link to a 3rd party website with the aim of personal gain
- Harass another person either through posting or commenting
- Breach copyright, trademark, and/or intellectual property of a third party
- Promote a personal opinion, political or otherwise while making no attempt to start a discussion
If you think we have made a mistake by removing your post please let us know and we'll find out what happened.
For full details on posting rules please refer to our user agreement.
2. How do private posts work?
When you submit a private post we don't save any record of what you have written.
Private posts are intended simply to allow you to express yourself in a comfortable environment without the need to save you words.
After submitting a private post you'll be shown your words for one final time. You'll also have the option to make your post public if you changed your mind, but after leaving the page everything you wrote will be gone.
3. Can I edit my post after submitting it?
4. Can I delete my post after submitting it?
You have a one time option to delete your post immediately after submitting it. Once you leave the confirmation page the option to delete your post will no longer be available.
Due to the nature of our service and the anonymity we provide to our users there is no way for us to verify the author of a post. Because of this we cannot grant take down requests unless a post explictly breaks the rules outlined in our user agreement.
5. Can I leave comments anonymously?
Yes! : )
Although there are options to log in when leaving a comment, this isn't necessary. After entering your message start typing your display name and you'll notice some extra fields appear including a checkbox labelled "I'd rather post as guest".
You don't need to enter your real name, a nick name will do. And if you don't want to use your primary email address there are temporary email addresses available from places such as ThrowAwayMail and Guerrilla Mail.
6. What happens when I flag a post?
You'll notice that all public posts are accompanied by the following flag button:Flag this Letter
You can use this button to alert our moderators to inappropriate content. Every post that is flagged will be reviewed by a moderator within a resonable amount of time. Assessment is made based on our removal criteria.