What are you looking for?
How To Heal A Broken Heart
Created By Noah Elkrief
Share ThisShare this post on FacebookShare this post on TwitterShare this post on RedditShare this post on TumblrShare this post on Google+
Was this video helpful?
If you’ve had your heart broken, you may be searching for a way to heal and move on. In this video Noah Elkrief gives advice on how to cope with a broken heart by questioning the validity of your thoughts.
One of the most important things to understand about a breakup is this. There is not something wrong with you just because someone doesn’t want to be with you anymore. Noah’s answer for how to deal with a broken heart is to ask yourself the question "If one person doesn't want to be with me, am I absolutely sure that means there is something wrong with me?".
Many people believe in the concept that time heals all wounds. While there may be some validity to that in the long run, there is a much quicker way to getting over a broken heart.
Understanding that you may just not be the right fit is key in the healing process. Take for example a young child playing a game where he’s trying to fit a square shape into a triangle space.
Although this is a simple analogy, you wouldn’t tell the child that there is something wrong with the square for not fitting. The reality of the situation is that it's just not the right fit.
In addition to this, you should ask yourself a few questions:
- Am I sure that their opinion is true?
- Just because I care about their opinion and like this person, does that mean their opinion is more valid than other people’s opinion?
- Could somebody else have a different perspective?
- If somebody else had a different perspective, could I be absolutely sure that their opinion is true?
- Could somebody else think I’m wonderful and want to be with me?
- Could the opposite opinion of me be true?
- If they, or I, think something is wrong with me does it exist as a tangible fact, or does it only exist as a thought?
- Do you always match this negative concept? If you’re not always that way, is it true that’s who you are?
Hopefully after asking yourself these questions you’ll come to realize that you aren't worse than anyone else, but rather you just weren't the right fit with this person.
We need your support!
Novni has been providing free support to millions of people for almost six years. For as little as $1 per month you can help to secure the future of our community.Become a Patron